The region of Gold Coast is famous for its beautiful beaches, nightlife, surfing, and theme parks. The government of Queensland as well as the Federal government are providing many incentives to businessmen operating in the Gold Coast to help improve the local community that is slowly recovering from the pandemic. Here is a description of some of these business funding incentives for the Gold Coast businesses.
Small Business Adaptation Grant Program
This grant program has been initiated by the government of Queensland for small businesses that have been badly affected by Covid-19 pandemic. You can get a financial assistance of up to $10,000 under this program to recover and grow your business. With the grant, small and micro businesses on The Gold Coast can retain and create employment and embrace new technologies to increase their sales. Round 2 of this program for Regional Queensland businesses is currently open.
- Your business was closed down or badly impacted because of the restrictions imposed by the government on account of Covid-19
- There were fewer than 20 employees in your business at the time of announcement of restrictions
- Your business has suffered a decline of at least 30% on account of lockdowns and restrictions
- Annual turnover of business is not more than $75,000
- Your business is registered under GST and ABN
City of Gold Coast Business Attraction Program
Business Attraction Program has been launched by the city of Gold Coast to attract investment for new and existing businesses in the city. It is not just for business funding, but also to encourage businesses to relocate to the Gold Coast. The program mainly focuses upon knowledge based and export focused industries.
- Your business must have ABN
- It must have been profitable for the last 2 years
- It must be registered in Gold Coast
- The business activity must not cause any detriment to the Gold Coast
- It must bring economic benefits to the city and provide employment to the local populace
Export Assistance Scheme
Export Assistance Scheme is an initiative of the City of Gold Coast to help businesses in the city to take their products and services to the international markets. This program aims to create jobs for the local people and increase the competitiveness of the industry in the Gold Coast. Under this scheme, financial assistance is provided to eligible businesses that have demonstrated their potential in the field of exports. Export Assistance Schemes has the objective of alleviating the burden of export ready businesses for exporting their products and services. Funding under this scheme is solely at the discretion of the Gold City Council. It is an ongoing scheme and you can apply for a grant under it any time of the year.
- The business must be registered in Gold Coast
- It must have ABN
- The annual turnover of business must be between $250,000 and $10 million
- It must be eligible for a grant under EMDG
- The products must be manufactured in Gold Coast. If manufactured outside, their export must bring significant economic benefits to the city of Gold Coast
Please feel free to contact one of our representatives at the number mentioned below to learn more about such programs and to apply for a grant.