Grants for Digital Content Creation Sector
Most of the grants available in the digital content creation industry are funded by the individual states in an attempt to promote creative entrepreneurs and screen content of the region itself. In this section, we will discuss some of the grants available in this area and their eligibility criteria.
Some of the grants provided are tailor-made for certain types of creative artists. One such grant is specifically designed for Youtubers in Australia and provides up to $150,000 in the form of support funds. Apart from funding, eligible digital content creators are also provided with expert advice that can help them increase their online customer base. This grant is also available to creative entrepreneurs who are looking to create a positive online impact. To be eligible, the applicant must be:
- a resident of the state providing the grant,
- must be more than 18 years of age
- and must have at least 10,000 subscribers to their Youtube channel
The state governments also have quite a few grants in place to support screen practitioners. These grants are designed to increase the online awareness and screen content about the specific regions. As a part of these grants, eligible candidates will not only receive an appropriate funding but also necessary resources to support, develop and promote the content they have produced. To be able to apply for these grants, an applicant:
- must be an Australian citizen or a resident for at least 18 months before their application
- should be located in the state/territory providing the grant
- should not be a broadcaster or holding company of a broadcaster
- should not be an employee of a broadcaster
- should not be working full-time in film, TV or any other form of digital media
Some states are providing screen practitioners and digital media content creators with necessary incentives and support to market their content. Funding for these grants depends on the stream to which the content belongs. Various streams to which these grants are available include production support, organisational support, delivering diversity, post-production, digital and visual effects rebate and development support. To be able to apply for these grants, an applicant must:
- be an Australian citizen or a resident
- be an individual, not a corporate
- have an ABN
- not be a production company based in the state that is providing the grant unless otherwise stated
In addition to the above, depending on which stream their content belongs to, an applicant might also have to fulfill certain individual eligibility criteria.
Above mentioned are only some of the many grants that the federal and state governments are providing to create an influencing online presence and improve awareness about the various attractions in Australia. If you are a business owner or an individual working in the digital content creation industry and wish to obtain more information about the various grants available, along with their eligibility criteria, call us today and speak to one of our advisors.