Government business loans are available at the national, state and local council level for businesses that meet the government’s growth criteria. State-level grants are usually available for businesses that meet the State’s development agenda. This could be regional development, focus on a particular industry, job creation or to fund research. Though rare, Federal guaranteed loans are available for businesses that meet the national growth requirements. Especially, during a financial crisis or emergency situations like the one we are facing now, to help economy thrive. In this article, we will discuss about few loans for which, Government will provide a guarantee.
Sustainability Loan QLD
Small producers and commercial fishermen in Queensland may be eligible for Sustainability Loans to assist them afford investment costs and build a more efficient and sustainable business.
To be considered for the grant, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have been in operation for at least 2 years on a full-time basis
- Have good commercial viability projections
- Demonstrate that you are in financial need
- Create a management strategy
The loan is aimed at helping small producers and commercial fishermen. They can use this funding for:
- Increasing efficiency and productivity
- Scaling up operations to improve or diversify
- Maintaining long-term viability and creating new jobs
A maximum of $1.3 million in funding are available. Loan terms range from one to twenty years, with interest rates set for one, three, or five years. Applications may be made at any time.
Coronavirus SME Guarantee Scheme
All active Australian businesses with turnover of less than $50 million in the previous financial year, or expected turnover of less than $50 million in the current financial year are eligible to apply for loans under the Scheme. Both self-employed individuals and non-profit businesses are eligible. Businesses that have accessed loans in Phase 1 can also apply for loans in Phase 2.
Eligible Candidates and Investment Avenues:
- Both self-employed individuals and non-profit organisations are eligible to apply
- Loans acquired can be used for a broad range of businesses purposes (including to support investment)
- Loans can be both secured and unsecured
- Lenders are allowed to take guarantees
- Lenders are allowed to take any security is accepted, except for residential property
Loans acquired under this scheme cannot be used for
- purchasing residential property
- purchasing financial products
- lending to an associated entity; or leasing, renting, hiring, existing assets that are more than half way into life expectancy
Above mentioned are only a few of the government loans and assistance programs available for small to medium sized businesses in Australia. To know more about such programs, please speak to one of our advisers at the number mentioned below.