Recent lockdowns have negatively impacted the business sector. Several businesses are suffering during these tough economic times. Growing your business in these times can be very difficult. The NSW government realises this and has come forward to help businesses through various funding programs. Below mentioned are a few grants that have been launched by the NSW government to help their local businesses.
Screen NSW Funding and Support
Screen NSW Funds and Support gives money and support to screen professionals to help them develop, produce, and promote their work.
Financing is available in various streams:
- Production support
- Travel support
- Industry support
There are a variety of funding initiatives and resources available. The amount of funds accessible and the application dates differ depending on the stream you choose.
Your business must:
- Be formed and doing business in Australia, as well as having its headquarters and administration in Australia
- Be situated in NSW, and it must be registered and have its principal functioning location as NSW for at least 6 months
- Prior to the date of the registration, not have worked as a broadcaster
- Not be a broadcaster’s holding corporation or a subsidiary
Jobs plus Program NSW
The Jobs plus Program offers a variety of assistance services to help businesses in New South Wales grow. The programme lowers the cost of entry, minimises financial risk, and speeds up your businesses entry time into the market. It offers assistance to corporate and non-profit organisations wanting to invest in job-creating activities, proposals, and collaborations at important stages of business growth.
Following are some of the program’s most important features:
- Payroll tax relief
- Assistance with the NSW business planning system
- Subsidised training programs
- Providing assistance for infrastructure
- Jobs Plus concierge service
- Government spaces and accommodation
- Must be a revenue generating company
- Commit to creating 30 additional full-time or equivalent employment in NSW
- Be one of the following: An ABN-registered company or a company with a foreign ownership
Applications for Jobs plus Program NSW are now open and will close on 30 June 2022.
NSW Mouse Control Program – Zinc Phosphide Rebate for Primary Producers
The initiative offers primary producers in NSW a 50% discount on the buying of zinc phosphide, a crucial mouse control agent. Zinc phosphide is a vertebrate’s poison used to kill rats in the paddock. The goal of this one-time reimbursement is to mitigate the effects of the 2021 mouse plague on production and bio-security issues. It also intends to prepare primary producers for the spring crop in 2021 by teaching them how to manage mice. Rebates of up to $10,000 are available under this program.
- Must work as a primary producer
- During January 1, 2021, and December 17, 2021, you must have purchased zinc phosphide bait to aid in the elimination of mice as part of the present mouse pandemic
- Exhibit financial difficulty as a result of several financial pressures, such as the mouse plague, bushfires, floods, drought, or the COVID pandemic
- Be situated in one of the local government regions that are eligible
- Have an ABN and be designated as a principal producer by the Australian Taxation Office
Applications for NSW Mouse Control Program – Zinc Phosphide Rebate for Primary Producers are now open and will close on 17 Dec 2021.
If you want more information regarding the above mentioned or similar grants, please contact one of our advisers at the number mentioned below.