Small Business Grants Adelaide

Small Business Grants Adelaide

There are nearly 143,000 small businesses in South Australia. A big role is played by these small businesses in the economy of the state. They not only give employment but also boost the growth of the economy. The federal, state and local government of Adelaide gives away many grants and assistance to small business owners.

Small Business Bushfire Recovery Grant SA

Was your business in Adelaide badly impacted by the bushfire of 2019-20? If yes, then you may be eligible for a one time assistance of up to $50,000 to clean up and restore your business to normal health. The funding can be used to pay for safety inspection of the premises, clean up of equipment and materials, repair of fittings, and replenishment of stocks to revive the business. The last date to apply for this grant is 31 December 2020.

Eligibility requirements

  • Business premises must be located in disaster affected region
  • It must have ABN
  • It must be registered under GST with fewer than 20 employees
  • It must have suffered severe damages on account of bushfire

Tourism Industry Development Fund

Government of SA realizes the devastating effect Covid-19 pandemic has on small businesses involved with tourism across the state. It has set up Tourism Industry Development Fund to help tourism operators so that they can improve and diversify.  This fund will be used to attract more tourists to make up for the losses incurred because of shutdowns and restrictions. Under this program, SA government has set aside $20 million to be used for in the next two years. Eligible businesses can apply for grants from $20,000 to up to $500,000. The program commenced on 14 September 2020 and the last date to apply for a grant under this program is 31 March 2022.

Outdoor Activation Grant

The City of Adelaide Outdoor Activation Grant is supported by the Government of South Australia. The aim of this grant is to provide assistance to small businesses of Adelaide that have been badly impacted by Covid-19 pandemic. The idea is to encourage business owners to activate areas outside their premises in such a way that they improve the décor of the area. The idea should help in making the street experience better and nicer for the visitors. The money can be used for purchase of awnings, non-fixed furniture, portable heaters, heating and cooling devices, and so on.

Eligibility requirements

Anyone who is running a business in Adelaide or owns a property with a currently active business inside it can apply for a grant under this program. He can get money to cover 80% of the cost of the improvement project under this grant. The remaining 20% needs to be funded by the business.

Outdoor Activation Grant for the City of Adelaide opened on 21 August 2020. The South Australian government has set aside $300,000 to provide support to city businesses this year. Eligible businesses can hope to get grants of up to $10,000 under this grant program.

Above mentioned grants are only some of the many incentives that the South Australian Government provides for small businesses in Adelaide. To know more about such grants please speak to one of our advisors at the number mentioned below.

Enquiry Form

First Name*
Last Name*
Company*
Phone*
Email*
State*
Employment Status*