There are quite a few grants in place for SMEs located in the Bendigo region offered by organisations in the private, public and education sectors. While some of these grants are aimed at implementing innovative ideas for developing local businesses for the good of the Bendigo community, others aim at developing the priority areas as per the 2017-2021 Community Plan. In this section we will discuss about some of these grants and their eligibility criteria.
One of the grants available for the small businesses located in the Greater Bendigo Council aims at encouraging the local businesses that come up with innovative ideas to develop their businesses as well as the surrounding community. The total funding pool available under this grant is $60,000.
To be considered, applicants have to undergo a three-stage process:
- Stage 1 – Submit expression of interest online
- Stage 2 – Submit detailed application form
- Stage 3 – Once applicants gets invited, they have to develop their project pitch, present their project pitch and finally attend the funding ceremony.
- Any legal entity looking to develop and implement innovative strategies for the good of Bendigo community
- Any unincorporated managed by a legal authority
This grant is available annually.
Another grant offered in the Greater Bendigo Councils is in the form of awards for people as well as business innovating the existing products or inventing new products. Awards are given in the form of $2,500 cash prizes and a 12 week access to an accelerator program offered by a renowned university.
These awards are divided into 4 categories.
- environmental sustainability
- open category (any field)
- youth (age 17 and under): up mini 3d printer valued at $1,000
To be eligible an applicant must:
- be the authorized owner of the innovation or invention, i.e., they should own the copyrights to the intellectual property
- not be a previous recipient of this program
- not be re-submitting their previous entry
- always submit a new entry
Under this program, applicants will also be provided with an opportunity to present their pitch to grab a place in the 12 week accelerator program as well as to claim up to $10,000 in the form of non-equity seed funding. This program is available on a yearly basis.
One of the grants provided by the Greater Bendigo Council that aims at providing an opportunity for not-for-profit organisations and registered business that are looking to develop projects in areas identified as priorities in the Community Plan 2017-2021. There are various categories under which these grants are offered.
- small grants of up to $3,000 are provided on an ongoing basis for SMEs and non-profits till all funds are exhausted
- medium grants of up to $10,000 are provided three times a year
- large grants of up to $50,000 are available biennially, with a maximum approval limit of up to $25,000 in one financial year
- applicants can be incorporated groups or registered business in Australia, or
- can be an unincorporated non-profit or individual working under the direct supervision of a legal entity
Above mentioned are only some of the grants provided by the sponsors and the Greater Bendigo Council. To know more about such grants and to find out if you are eligible for one of them, please speak to one of our advisors at the below mentioned number.